Pizza and wine are two of life’s greatest pleasures, and when paired correctly, they can take your dining experience to the next level. Whether you’re enjoying a classic Margherita pizza or a unique meat lover’s pizza, the right wine pairing can enhance the flavors of your pizza and bring out the best in both the food and the wine. With so many different types of pizza and wine available, it can be difficult to know where to start when it comes to pairing the two. That’s why we’ve put together this guide “Pairing Pizza and Wine” to help you navigate the world of pizza and wine pairing and discover some delicious combinations that will elevate your next pizza night.
When it comes to pairing wine with pizza, there are a few general guidelines you can follow. For example, white wines generally pair better with lighter pizzas that feature vegetables or seafood, while red wines pair better with heartier pizzas that feature meat or rich sauces. However, these are just guidelines, and ultimately, the best wine pairing is one that you enjoy.
Gourmet Pizza Pairings
- Margherita Pizza + Belledor Vineyards Four Corners Red Blend: The acidity of the wine helps to cut through the richness of the cheese and complement the tomato flavor.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza + Belledor Vineyards Zinfandel: The sweetness of the sauce is balanced by the fruitiness of the wine, while the smokiness of the chicken is complemented by the wine’s tannins.
- Mushroom & Truffle Oil + Belledor Vineyards Primitivo: The earthy flavors of mushrooms and truffle oil pair perfectly with the wine’s body and soft tannins allowing the pizza’s flavors to shine through.
- Pepperoni + Belledor Vineyards Barbera Blanc: This fruit forward and acidic wine can stand up to the savory pepperoni and tomato sauce.
- Spinach & Feta + Belledor Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc: The tangy flavors of feta cheese and the earthiness of spinach pair nicely with a crisp, acidic wine.
- Fava Bean & Prosciutto + Belledor Vineyards Reserve Tempranillo: This wine is a great match for the savory and salty prosciutto and fava beans.
- Strawberry & Arugula + Belledor Vineyards Rosé: A crisp, dry wine would complement the sweet and tangy flavors of the strawberries and balsamic glaze, while also cutting through the peppery arugula.
- Bacon & Egg Breakfast + Belledor Vineyards Verdelho: Start your day off right with a pizza topped with crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese.
- Steak & Blue Cheese + Belledor Vineyards Tempranillo: Combine sliced steak, caramelized onions, and crumbled blue cheese on top of a pizza crust.
- Meatball & Ricotta + Belledor Vineyards Barbera: Top a pizza crust with homemade meatballs, ricotta cheese, and fresh basil.
In conclusion, when it comes to pairing pizza and wine, there are no hard and fast rules. The most important thing is to experiment and find the combinations that work best for your individual tastes. Whether you prefer a bold Belledor red wine with your pepperoni pizza or a light white wine with your veggie pizza, there is a perfect pairing out there waiting for you to discover it. So, what are you waiting for? Plan your next pizza and wine night and see how it enhances your dining experience!